JD Power and Associates Ranks U.S. Health Insurance Companies
. Tags: Arizona, Benefits, BlueCross BlueShield of Alabama, BlueCross BlueShield of Arizona, BlueCross BlueShield of Florida, BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois, Coverage, Health Alliance Plan of Michigan, Health Insurance Companies, Health Insurance Study, Health Plans, Humana of Ohio, Humana of Texas, Insurance Study, JD Power and Associates, Kaiser Health Plan of California, Kaiser Health Plan of Colorado, National Health Insurance Plans, Utah, Wellmark BlueCross BlueShield of Iowa.
Always an advocate for business and consumers alike, JD Power and Associates has administered an insurance study for the last two years. The study measures member satisfaction among 107 health plans in 17 regions across the United States. They focus on seven key areas: coverage and benefits; choice of doctors; hospitals and pharmacies; information and communication; approval processes; claims processing; insurance statements; and customer service.
The 2008 National Health Insurance Plan Study included responses from over 37,000 members of large commercial health plans. To be included in the study, plans had to contain at least 250,000 members across all commercial products, excluding Medicare and Medicaid. They were ranked on 1,000-point scale.
And the winners are…
* Arizona and Utah region: BlueCross BlueShield of Arizona, 763 points
* California Region: Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of California, 755 points
* Colorado Region: Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Colorado, 748 points
* East South Central Region: BlueCross BlueShield of Alabama, 759 points
* Florida Region: BlueCross BlueShield of Florida, 751 points
* Heartland Region: Wellmark BlueCross BlueShield of Iowa, 742 points
* Illinois and Indiana Region: BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois, 729 points
* Michigan Region: Health Alliance Plan of Michigan, 772 points
* Minnesota and Wisconsin Region: HealthPartners, 768 points
* New England Region: Anthem BlueCross BlueShield of Connecticut, 772 points
* New York and New Jersey Region: United Healthcare (New Jersey/New York), 749 points
* Northwest Region: Group Health Cooperative, 778 points
* Ohio Region: Humana of Ohio, 748 points
* Pennsylvania and Delaware Region: Highmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield, 784 points (** Highest score across all regions**)
* South Atlantic Region: Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Georgia, 746 points
* Texas Region: Humana of Texas, 753 points
* Virginia and Maryland Region: CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, 740 points
For more information on the JD Power and Associates Health Insurance Study, view their Press Release.