Empire Strikes Back 2017 Plans. Empire recently announced their re-entry back into the New York small group market for 2017. A legendary broad networked PPO is welcome news especially in the NY small group market of 1-100 employees. Recently, the broad national networks have diminished to only 2 national health insurers, Aetna and Oxford. As a result of Empire Blue Cross participation in the BlueCard PPO program members enjoy unparalleled national access network to 96% of hospitals and 93% of doctors across the country. This national program will be on 18 of 28 plans below.
3 distinct networks:
- PPO/EPO Network – traditional non-gatekeeper large network of approximately 85,384 physicians, 160 facilities and the BlueCard PPO
- Blue Priority Network – hybrid of broad PPO/EPO 160 facilities and similar Pathway’s 65,796 physicians network.
- Pathway Network – HMO value based narrower gatekeeper referral network of 109 facilities and 60,535 physicians. Limited to 28 NYS Counties.
- Telemedicine will be available on all products
- Vision – Limited adult vision will be available on all products at no additional cost.
- Pharmacy – All plans use their large BCBS formulary Except the HMOs, and the Silver and Bronze Blue Priority Plans. They will be utilizing what they call the Select Formulary.
- Clinical Programs – health coaching/advocacy, disease management, behavioral health, maternity and Gaps in Care
- Online Resources – wellness coaching, discounts, health assessments and The Weight Center.
- Healthy Support – Wellness program offers easy ways to earn up to $900 per member, per year. Gym Reimbursement $400 single/$600 couple, $100 Wellness + Flu Shot, Online Wellness toolkit, up to $150 and $50 Tobacco-free certification online.
DOCTOR SEARCH: Click Here
BENEFITS SUMMARY: OXFORD Platinum, Gold, Silver AND Bronze
Small Group Rates: 1st Quarter 2017
Drug Formulary: Click Here
Blue Priority FAQ: Click Here
Pathway FAQ: Click Here
Ask us about Empire’s flexible low participation voluntary group dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans. Stay proactive and contact us today for a customized consult on how your organization can prepare ahead for ACA, Benefits, Payroll and HR @ (855) 667-4621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.